Pages

Friday, February 3, 2012

Checking In

What a day this has been! A very good, very productive day! And a Friday too!! What more could I ask for?!

By 6:30 this morning, all three of my kids were awake. More than awake, they were UP and in motion! Very unusual, especially for Meagan. So we were done with breakfast by 6:45. By 7:10, lunches were packed, kids were dressed, teeth were brushed, and Sebastian was out the door and off to school. I started a load of laundry, and the kids did their 20-minute clean up. By 7:45, bedrooms were clean, their clean laundry was folded and putaway, and everyone was ready for the day. Wow!
Photobucket

Today Meagan's class had a class 'slumber party' at school. They had earned enough tickets to be rewarded with a party, so they decided on a slumber party. They all wore PJ's and slippers, and they took pillows, blankets, and books for quiet reading time. Beautiful! She was super excited about it, and loaded her backpack up with seven different books to make sure she had plenty of reading options.
Photobucket

I got a few more loads of laundry done, and a bit of other stuff done around the house. Then at 11:00 I checked in at the school for my first day on the job... I got a job at the school as a recess aid. It's a few hours a day, every school day. I love that! I get to keep my time at home so that I can do snacks, dinners, dr. appointments. Plus I get to see my kids at school each day. My evenings are still free to be available for the kids, and I'm making a few extra bucks each week! What a blessing! It was fun really. The weather was beautiful today, so that probably played a part in my enjoyment. The people were all very nice and super helpful, so I think I'll enjoy this all in all.

After school and homework, the boys played Dynasty Warriors on PS3 for a little while. Lilly waltz right up and made herself comfy. She didn't seem to be one bit concerned with Sebastian's comfort, OR his ability to play effectively. *lol* Spoiled cat.
Photobucket
Photobucket

This evening we are cleaning up the house a bit to get ready for the weekend. And tomorrow morning the kids and I are loading into the van and heading north to spend the day in Michigan! I'm not at all looking forward to the drive, but I am super excited to see some of our friends that we haven't seen for far too long! Wish me luck getting 3 kids up and out the door by 6:30... althought it worked today, so maybe if tomorrow morning goes like this morning did, we'll be alright!



**********

No comments: