Pages

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

weekend

So much has happened since last Tuesday... we've been on the go go go in quite the non-stop fashion, so I've not had time to sit and post anything.

Circle of Stars was this weekend. Friday I picked up trophies and dropped them off at the meet venue... then went straight to work... then went straight home to get Bas off the bus... then straight back to school to pick up Isaac and Meagan... then we had to go to the store to buy a birthday gift for Meagan's friend (party on Saturday), and then home for dinner, which I didn't get to eat because I didn't get it done in time before I left to take Sebastian to gymnastics. Then at 10:00 we (my mom and I) went back to the meet venue to help set up the awards stage. We were there until almost midnight. *sigh* It was quite the day.

Saturday was the 1st day of competition or Circle of Stars for the boys. 3 sessions. Long day. Very fun to watch the level 9 and 10 boys compete. Plus, I saw an old friend from childhood... a guy that I went to gymnastics with, grew up with, went to school with, etc. It was really REALLY odd running into anyone from my hometown HERE. But cool.

Sunday morning Sebastian competed. And did GREAT!! He ended up winning 1st on High Bar, Floor, and Parallel Bars, 2nd on Rings, 3rd on Pommel Horse, and 1st All Around!! Yea! He did fabulous! And I would share some of the videos with you, except I managed to lose my camera case at the meet, and thus the adapter that lets me transfer images from my camera to the computer. Boo. Not so happy about that.

We left Sebastian's meet and went straight to Meagan's meet. By the time we sat through his meet, though, she was wiped. She didn't feel great. She barely ate lunch (a few nibbles), then complained of a stomach ache and fell asleep in the van on the way to the meet. No bueno. She had a good meet actually, although you wouldn't know it by the scores or awards. But she had set 4 meet goals for herself, and she made 3 of them... 1) bridge kick-over on the floor, 2) body position on vault, 3) stay on the beam!! She scored an 8.7 on beam, and got an 11th place award, so at least she didn't walk away empty-handed... after her brothers morning of cleaning house in the medals department, I don't think that would have been too pretty for her to get nothing.

So yes, we had a LONG weekend. And I have a lot to get caught up on... not the least of which is sleep, or groceries, or laundry. I might see if I can get something accomplished before I have to leave for work. Laundry and grocery list maybe?

Oh, by the way, I've finished the 1st 2 books of the Hunger Games trilogy, and am dying to download the 3rd to finish! I am super surprised by how much I've enjoyed this story so far. So maybe I'll try to squish some reading time in there somewhere. I hope.

**********

No comments: