- Scoop the sausage mix into the peppers.
- Top with the rest of the cheese (about 1 cup)
- Pour ~ 1/8 - 1/4 cup of water in the bottom of the baking dish
- Cover with Foil
- Bake at 400 for 40-45 minutes
- Remove the foil and bake ~ 5 minutes longer to brown the cheese
There was lots of liquid in the bottom of the dish, but it didn't affect the meal at all... I think it just helped to steam the peppers thoroughly, actually. And the best part about the whole thing was that I had 45 minutes of baking time to play on the computer!! :)
** Using the Rice-a-roni and pizza sauce, 1 pepper = 20 carbs, for anyone who might need that info. **