Pages

Friday, April 2, 2010

The Best Kind of Surprise

Last night I was sitting at my computer browsing the internet. It was about 10:00, the kids were in bed, the house was all locked up, and all was quiet, when all of a sudden, I heard a sound that made my heart jump. The garage door was opening!! That could only mean one thing.... Lucas was home early!!!

I wasn't expecting him until way later this evening, so I was definitely surprised to see him last night! He had come home early to be at the "Farewell" dinner for the salary staff at his plant. Yesterday was the last day of production. As of today, the plant is no longer in operation. *Insert sad face here*

Anyway, the funniest part about the surprise was that he had been home earlier (while I was away), and had left his stuff lying around... his coat on the back of the kitchen chair, his shoes by the door, water bottles in the fridge where there had been no water bottles. Somehow, I didn't notice any of these things!!! LOL! I guess it's because I haven't really been busting my backside to keep the house clean this week... taking the week off of obsessive cleaning before we list (expecting it to be next week some time). So his stuff lying around just sort of blended in with everyone else's stuff lying around (which maybe is an indication that I took too much of a break from cleaning??). No matter... I am SO happy to have him home with us today!

I think this morning he is going to go golfing with his work buddies, while the kids & I go Easter outfit hunting. I guess then, later I shall be doing a bit of straightening up around the house. :)

Have a wonderful Good Friday! What a wonderful day to pause and think of why we celebrate this season!

No comments: