Pages

Monday, April 19, 2010

What am I Forgetting?

It's no secret that I've been trying to juggle a LOT lately! Between keeping the house clean, and looking for a new house, and winding down to a close at work, and all my normal motherly duties, I feel like I barely have time to sleep! So, needless to say, I've felt a little scattered.

Today, as I was getting ready to leave work, I had this unshakable feeling that I was forgetting something. I couldn't quite put my finger on it, but I felt like I was forgetting something. Unable to figure it out, I headed for home to meet the bus.

I got there a few minutes before the bus did. I had just sat down to take a deep breath while I waited on the boys to get off the bus. Just then, the phone rang. I looked at caller ID, and it was the boys' school... never really a great sign. I answered, and heard Isaac's teacher's voice on the other end.

Aaaah. It clicked. Instantly I knew what I was forgetting... I was supposed to pick the boys up! They weren't supposed to ride the bus home. Just as I was telling his teacher that I would be there in a minute, the bus stopped in front of my house... which it should NOT have done, since both of my boys were supposed to be waiting at school to be picked up. I looked out and saw Sebastian getting off the bus. Apparently, he forgot the whole pick-up thing too! So I guess it was a good think I forgot, or Sebastian would have been sitting at home all alone. Sebastian & I loaded up and headed over to the school to get Isaac, who had been waiting on me for a good twenty minutes. Uggh! I seriously need to get my head on straight!

No comments: