Pages

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Summer Fun

For the last few days, I've been scrapping pictures from last summer, and now I am really starting to feel the itch for warm weather and water play! I can't wait to go swimming!!

The first layout I did was of our trip to the park with my mom last summer. It's right down the road from her, and there's a great little swimming pond with a water slide and a mushroom fountain and everything. The kids had a blast! So when I saw this kit, I thought of these pictures immediately! Perfect!



Waterpark by Sahlin Studio and Jacque Larsen


Here's the layout... I just LOVE these pictures! I'm kind of funny about pictures I really really like... I won't put them on a layout until I LOVE the layout as much as I love the pictures, or else it's just not worth it. Ya know? But I was pleased with this one. It all just fit together so easily!



Journaling: Maybe you were a little slow to warm up to the idea of gallons of water dumping over your heads, but it wasn't long before you were ALL IN!

(click here to view full credits.)


And then there's my FIRST LAYOUT EVER AS A POLLY! *sigh* (Still pinching myself over this!)

So I've discovered quickly that the tough part about being on The LilyPad's creative team is that it is a literal smorgasbord of fantastic stuff to play with! My mind just gets overloaded! Truly, I'm like a kid in a candy shop who wants one of everything! *giggle* But when I saw this kit, I knew instantly what pictures I would use (more pictures that I really like, so I've been holding onto for almost a year!).


Memoir of Two Island Girls by Emily Merritt and Valorie Wibbens
These pictures of Meagan were taken last summer in Ohio. It was the weekend of Sebastian's birthday party, and it was our first swim of the season! Meagan was just sitting in the middle of some of the rafts and floaties, waiting as patiently as she could. I love the colorful background the floats provided! Plus, the little polka-dot bikini and piggy tails help the cuteness factor a bit!
Journaling: First swim of the season.
(click here to view full credits.)

No comments: