Pages

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

What I Like About Today...

I was thinking random thoughts today... not uncommon for me really... it's one of my most endearing qualities, how random I can be (just ask Lucas how much he loves it *lol*). Anyway, I was thinking that there are really a lot of little things that I like about today that I really haven't stopped (until now) to properly appreciate. So I started naming off whatever good things came to mind...

  • talking to my friend Karen on the phone. I miss her.
  • getting nice messages from friends on facebook. I miss them too.
  • Christmas shopping for my kiddos.
  • Finding penguins at the store for Isaac's animal report and habitat box he has to do. Super excited that I found exactly what he needs.
  • Quiet time for reading.
  • Sweet tea.
  • A sweet kitty curled up in my lap.
  • Watching Lilly fall through the top of a box that Meagan was hiding in... they both freaked out on that one... pretty funny!
  • Talking to my mom (although not for as long as we might have liked).
  • Talking to Nancy. We always have great talks. I miss her too. (there's a trend running here, I think)
  • Ideas. I always get random ideas, but don't always follow through on them. Tonight I found some cute little gift box type things at Meijer and got some to see if I can make my own. Who knows if I'll actually do it, but I like the idea.
  • Exciting thoughts about the future.
  • It's almost Christmas time.
  • Thanksgiving is next week... and we get to be with family.
  • A new purse (I had 2 before... one had gotten gum or candy or something smooshed on the inside of it and the sides of the purse were stuck together... it is now in the trash. The second was almost as gross, as it has a huge unidentifiable blotchy stain all along the side of it... it is now in the wash.)
  • Target. *love*
  • Warm(ish) weather so the kids could play on the playground after school.
  • Reading How to Train Your Dragon - the second book.
  • Cheating on dinner... grilled cheese & soup, baby!
  • And now I'm thinking warm bubble bath and an early bedtime... I LIKE THAT FOR SURE.

No comments: