Pages

Friday, November 5, 2010

What's on the Menu?

I did this last Saturday while watching the Notre Dame football game (since I find it is much less stressful to watch football if I have a distraction in front of me *lol*)

Several times a month I sit down and TRY to map out a menu for the week, but somehow I seem to lose track of it... whether I lose the paper I wrote it on or just forget about it or whatever. So it does me no good if I can't find it. SO. I decided to try something new, just to see how it works out. I may have to tweak the system a bit. But it's a start.

I used a few scrapbook supplies and whipped up a general menu for the month. Now, many of you who know me may be laughing at me right now, because you KNOW that I am HORRIBLE at sticking to plans like this. But I don't plan on using it as rigidly as it appears. I just generally wanted to fill up the days with a decent balance of meals. That way, if I get to a day when I think, "I don't know what to make for dinner," I can glance at the menu and have LOTS of options. I managed to fit 30 DIFFERENT meals on here. So we don't have to get bored eating the same things over and over.

So we'll see how it goes. So far, I have not made a single meal on the day it was 'scheduled'. You know me and schedules. But it's helping.

No comments: