Pages

Monday, November 29, 2010

Kick Back & Relax

We managed to get the remaining ornaments on the tree, and the living room basically as decorated as it's going to be for Christmas. The only think that's missing is some sort of center arrangement for the coffee table. Still thinking on that.

And now I am able to done of my most favorite things to do during the Christmas season. I love love love to sit in front of the tree lights in a dimly lit room. A few candles, maybe a fire (although not tonight, as it's actually not too cold out right now), and a lit up Christmas tree. I can think of no more peaceful setting than that. I love it. Love it! Always have. I love the way the light reflects off of things to create colorful sparkles or cast long shadows. It's just like a taking a big deep breath and letting it all out. Aaah. Perfect.



As usual, most of my decorations are centered around our living room. Seems to be the obvious place to decorate, since the tree is there. So right now my living room is full of little details that I love. I love a candle dish full of red & green miniature ornaments. Chunky candles on chunky candle holders. Sparkly wooden churches. Colorful candlesticks. And glittery trees and globes (to reflect the tree lights just so). See my Christmas tree that Lucas calls my Dumbledore hat... I like it. He does not. But he can live with it for a few weeks. And he can put it on his head if he feels like it needs to be a hat... as long as he puts it back on the mantle when he's done pretending. (And my colorful Pier 1 candlestick holders... and our Charlie Brown Christmas tree. And my favorite clock... I think of it as my mustard clock... for obvious reason I guess... I just like it. It's always the little things that make me happy.)



So what else was there to do tonight other than to sit in the living room with all the lights out, the candles lit, and the tree turned on. In a clean room. In a quiet house. Perfect.

No comments: