Pages

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Fabulous Friday

I am dreaming of Friday... aka tomorrow. Tomorrow is a school day for Meagan. Tomorrow is my first kid-free (aka quiet) day since Monday. I like that.

Don't get me wrong. I LOVE my daughter. I love to spend time with her. I love the sparkly manicure that she gave me today (alternating hot pink and lime green on one hand, pale pink and orange on the other, all topped with silver glitter polish... who could not love that?). She is a doll, and SO much fun. Until she gets bored. And stir-crazy. Like today.

Meagan is not an indoor kind of girl. She is not a sit still kind of girl. She is not a play-alone kind of girl. She needs people. Requires company. Lives for action. So being stuck inside a house for three straight days with very little change in scenery has just about done her in. I lost count today of how many times I heard, "Momma, I don't know what to do." Poor thing. I played with her quite a bit - fingernail painting, Lincoln logs, movies - but there are just some things (like bills and laundry) that must get done at some point during the week.

Anyway, I'm thinking tomorrow will be a welcomed change of pace for both of us. I think she will be happy to have tasks to be doing and friends to be seeing and recess to be playing and all those sorts of school-ish things. And I will be happy to not feel guilty for cleaning or folding clothes or running errands. And to not have to watch or hear Wallace & Grommit or Despicable Me at any point during the day.

Plus tomorrow we get to see Lucas. And the next day we get to go house hunting. So I am super excited about that! For now, though, I am going to go relax and maybe even go to bed early. (Sorry, I'm too tired right now to even post the pictures of my sparkly fingernails... maybe tomorrow.)

**********

No comments: