Pages

Saturday, February 26, 2011

I'm Baaaack

Well, oh my goodness. No, I did not fall off the face of the earth! What a week this has been!

Sebastian started running a fever Monday. The kids did not have school because of Presidents' Day, so everyone was home. Tuesday, he still had a fever... stayed home again. Wednesday, more fever. Thursday... you guessed it. And yesterday, STILL a fever. At first I thought it was a viral thing because it was just a low fever, stuffy nose, coughing. No gross yucky symptoms, so I was going to just let it run its course. And then one of the days - I think Thursday - he actually had no fever in the morning, so I thought we had reached the end of it. But by Thursday evening, his fever had returned. Anyway, by Friday morning, I thought enough is enough. So I got him in to see the doctor. Uh, strep. Strep I say. That sucks. Trouble is, by this point, I was also running a fever, and Meagan (although no fever) had the other symptoms. So our doctor put all three of us on antibiotics for it.

Also this week, we had NO internet and NO tv. Whaaat! A week of sick kids and no tv. Nice. So from Wednesday morning until last night around 7:00, I was in an ongoing effort to get AT&T to get it fixed. Finally last night service was returned! Aaaah, sigh of relief. So this morning, the kids are getting caught up on Clone Wars that have been recorded. And I am attempting to catch up on internet stuff.

We also got a visitor last night. Lucas surprised us again by coming home for the weekend. When the kids heard the door open, they practically stampeded him. Love that. Meagan has been like a shadow stuck to his side. She was super happy to get to play Tackle the Churzer and Tickle Wars with him. And she crawled into bed first thing this morning to snuggle him. She is going to be heart broken when he leaves tomorrow. Just a few more weeks, and all this separation junk will be over! I am counting down the days!

By the way, did I mention that my birthday is one week from tomorrow. *wink* I told Lucas he could buy me a house for my birthday, and I would be good with that. Nice of him, don't you think?

Okay, off to enjoy my day (and clean up the kitchen after a breakfast of sausage, french toast sticks, scrambled eggs, and egg sandwiches... it's a bit of a mess in there at the moment).

**********

No comments: