Pages

Sunday, February 13, 2011

The Weekend Edition

What a weekend it has been! A little crazy, but good crazy.

Saturday we had our first showing. It was set for 1:00 - 2:00, so as soon as we got the house in order, we loaded up and headed out. The kids had gotten McDonald's gift cards from Grandpa & Grandma for Valentine's Day, so we headed to the golden arches for lunch. The kids were super excited to get to go into the restaurant to eat, and even more excited when they discovered the way cool toys (hot wheels monster trucks and ponies) that came with the food. We hung out for a bit, ate our high quality food, and the kids played with their toys for a few minutes before we left.
We still had to pass some time... so we had a movie date. We went to see Gnomeo and Juliet. Hmmm... well, the kids liked it... that's all that matters. It had one or two funny moments. Mostly just a bunch of garden gnomes seeking revenge on each other.

As for today, I was all ready to treat you to some really C.U.T.E. pictures of our activities today (Valentines' cards, playing in the snow, snow men, and other such cuteness). However, my memory stick (or my computer - one or the other) has decided to act up, and I cannot get the photos to transfer from my camera to my computer. *sigh* I am sure I will eventually figure out something (or maybe my lovely husband will eventually come to my rescue). Until then, the pictures are trapped on my camera. Makes me sad. Good thing my phone takes decent pictures or I would be being a really big cry baby right now.

So instead of pictures, you will have to settle for READING. Yuck. *lol*

Today we had another showing (yay!)... this time from 11:00 to 12:00. We got up early, got ready for our day, and then I spent about 2 hours cleaning my clean house... at which point I felt like maybe I had a little bit lost my mind... a little. But you know, the beds needed to be made, and bathrooms wiped down, and the kitchen needed to be cleaned from breakfast, and so on. So really, it was all stuff that needed to be done for the sake of showing a house... it just seemed like overkill since I had JUST done all of this same exact stuff YESTERDAY.
Anyway. The timing for the showing worked out perfectly, as we just went to church. Then we made a pit stop at Sonic (I know, fast food 2 days in a row... I know) for lunch. I have never - yes, I said never - had Sonic until today. Not bad really. The kids love it! Chicken, grilled cheese, and corn dogs... I guess a bit of a change from the standard fast food cheeseburger or chicken nuggets.
So anyway, after lunch we had nothing else that had to be done today, so we just took a deep breath and relaxed. The kids played inside for a while until they started getting crazy. So I sent them out. I figured it was a pretty nice day as far as temp goes (and the SUN was shining... we saw the sun and the grass (a bit peeking through where the snow is beginning to melt). They took advantage of the wet heavy snow and built snowmen. We have 3 little snowmen and one big giant snowball with a small snow ball plopped on top. I think they got too cold before they could finish Mr. Gigantor. Fun stuff. Of course, hot chocolate when they came in. And then we had a lazy dinner and watched Aliens in the Attic together.
I love our kids. They're such good kids.
**********

No comments: