Pages

Monday, February 14, 2011

Photos Rescued!

Hooray! I am happy again! My photos have been rescued from the crazy memory stick that was refusing to release them!

I had to run to the grocery this morning, so I took my camera with me and stopped by the photo center. I stuck the memory stick in their photo machine, and it read it just fine. So I ordered a CD of the photos for a few bucks, popped the card back in the camera, and reformatted it. Problem solved. Makes me happy... I love pictures, and I can't stand the thought of losing them. Especially not cute ones of moments I want to always remember.

Here is a peek at a few of the 60 photos that were being held hostage...

*****
The kids made Valentine's cards for each other and for Lilly. Sebastian gave her her card a day early. He thought it was great that she laid there with her paw on the card like she was holding it. It really was quite cute. He just loves that cat.


*****
We took advantage of the warm(er) air yesterday, and went outside to play. Admittedly, the kids were out much longer than I was... a few reasons for that... (a) I'm kind of a wuss and I didn't want to be cold, and (b) being out there with them the entire time would defeat the purpose of sending them out to begin with ... which would be a moment of quiet in my home... sometimes, you just gotta kick the kids out for a bit.

So they each made a little snow man in the front yard, and then they started in the back (where there was the most snow to work with) and began rolling this gigantic snow ball. By the time it got to the side of the house, it was too heavy, and they were stuck. Isaac resorted to climbing on it and rolling off... I think he had just given up on the idea of moving it any further.


Sebastian, however, wasn't giving up that easily. He was determined.

He even enlisted his little sister's help (as you can see in the background, Isaac was being no help... seriously, he was over the idea of moving the big snowball.)
Then Meagan had the 'body' in the back yard. Um, it never got anywhere close to the base. It is still in the back yard where she left it (in a big melty blob now).
Their snowmen:
Isaac eating snow and throwing snowballs at us while we tried to move the big giant snowball. What a boy.
By the time we got done, the sun was setting and the snowmen were basking in the dusk. Pretty cool sight actually. Oh, and FYI, we finally settled for leaving the base of the big snowman near the front / side of the house. It never got finished, as we went inside shortly after parking it by our little side tree.
So here's the problem with making snowmen yesterday....
The sun is out and the snow is melting.
This is ONLY a problem for snowmen. It is, in no way, shape, or form a problem for me. I like it! I saw grass, sun, and blue sky all in the same day.
**********

No comments: