Pages

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Time Well Spent

The storm came. The storm went. We survived. We did not lose power. We stayed warm and comfy and cozy. The kids had school off today - yes that makes 2 days in a row... and Meagan will be home tomorrow... I will be ready to ship them all off to school on Friday... that's all I'm sayin'.

So my morning was spent shoveling and snow blowing. I would say that I was out for about an hour and a half before I finished everything. The official report from the airport was that we got 5 inches total. However, I will say that drifting most definitely deepened the matter. At points, the snow was higher than the top cover of the snow blower. Yeah, that's a lot more than 5 inches... more like 2 feet-ish. It was a slow process, but I got it done. Done.

Until the snow plow came and re-buried the end of my driveway again. *Sigh* Maybe I'll clear it off tomorrow. No more for tonight.

Another little highlight of the morning was that after all the snow was cleared, our neighbors came over and hung out for a bit. I love having someone to sit and chill and chat with. Really. I'm a chatty girl - and I LOVE to be with people - in case you did not know that about me.

Besides playing in the snow, we hung out today. This evening we watched an episode of Wallace & Grommit, which we have never seen before. It started a bit slow for me, but by the end, I think it had won us all over. Rather enjoyed it really, and it was a good evening together with my babies. Time well spent.

**********

No comments: