Pages

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

What to do with Ear Wax

I would hate to forget this, so I better write it down quick!!

Meagan was asking me about some of the candles I have sitting around the house. There are two red ones in particular that are sitting in our living room that she says are shaped like crayons. She keeps asking me why I don't light them. (Maybe because three kids, one cat, and open flames do not mix well, I dunno).

So we finished our candle conversation, or so I thought. She scrunched up her face and tilted her head (this is her look when she is really thinking hard). Then she said, "Mommy, do all candles really come out of people's ears?"

Buffering... buffering... trying to figure out where on earth that came from. Then I saw a mental image of Shrek pulling ear wax out of his ear and lighting it for his dinner candle. Aah, yes. Um, no. "No, honey, candles don't come from ear wax. Only Shrek's candles come from ear wax."

I could tell she was relieved, because really, that's a pretty gross thought. And we have a lot of candles sitting around.

**********

1 comment:

Val said...

I love that kid! She is so smart!

You can read some Carrie- and Liam-isms at www.kurthcorner.blogspot.com I just got some more up today. =)