Pages

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Take that off the list

Wow, what a week this is turning out to be! Soooo sorry for the absence. I know I am bordering on getting myself in trouble with some of you for not posting anything for the past few days. Sorry.

So here's what has happened (in a nutshell because I'm ready to go lay down and be done for the day) since we last talked *lol* .....

Last weekend we had 2 showings for our house - one on Saturday and one on Sunday. Monday all the kids were in school, so I took advantage of the quiet time to get some boring grown-up stuff done. Tuesday, Meagan and I were at home hanging out, playing and generally making a bit of a mess in the house, when I got a text saying the Sunday people wanted to take a second look... oh and they wanted to come Wednesday. I said yes, of course, since I want to sell this house right? Then I laughed. Out loud. I was in the middle of laundry, there were toys everywhere, and on and on. Oh well, I guess it's time to kick my butt into high gear and start cleaning.... again.

I stayed up until about 1:00 in the morning Tuesday night / Wednesday morning. My sweet neighbor came over and helped me move furniture around to open up the floor space a bit on the main level. What a total blessing she was to me that night! She's awesome. I will miss her when we move.

Anyway, got up Wednesday morning, got the kids ready for school, dropped them off and then did a mad clean-up of all of the things that can't really be done until last minute. Got it done. Spent an hour browsing Pier 1 unwinding and waiting for the showing to be over. (Then after that I got to go back to our tax preparer for the third time to finalize our tax return - let's just say that 2 relocations in less than a year does not make for simplified taxes... nope).

Weeeelllll.... late Wednesday evening, we received an offer on our house! Woohoo! I was ecstatic! Totally beside myself really. An offer after 9 days. I just can't believe sometimes how amazing God is and how He works out details and just does such cool stuff like this.

Anyway, after a bit of negotiating, tonight we came to an agreement. We still have to do the finalizing of the paperwork between the buyer and the relocation company, but we officially have a verbally accepted offer on our house! I can take "Sell House" off of my to-do list! I like it! Now I can move on to "Buy House." We're still working on that.

**********

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, how wonderful. That is just amazing!! Now you can relax, well at least take a breath. We knew you must be busy. Love to all.

Nancy