Pages

Friday, May 6, 2011

iNSD and BYOC... so many letters for one weekend!

Aaah! All the letters! This weekend we celebrate iNSD (international scrapbook day... yes, there actually is such a thing... makes me laugh every year). Also, this weekend is the release of the new BYOC at the Lilypad. All of this combined means I've been doing way more scrapping this week than is normal. And I still have a layout or two to do! *sigh*

So here's all the happenings for iNSD at the Lilypad. Be sure to come play along and check out the great sales! And don't forget that this weekend is the last chance to grab the retiring products before they leave the store for good.




And of course,I have layouts to share with you.

Umbrellas in the Sprinkler
Photobucket
Journaling: "What a great day to be a kid. It was a warm July afternoon, so you headed out in your bathing suits with umbrellas in hand to play in the sprinklers. I'm sure you made up some big adventure - you usually do. I just know I had a great time watching you run and play and laugh together. These are the happy moments that make up a happy childhood. Play hard. Laugh out loud. Enjoy each moment. And cherish every good thing God gives you."

(Click here to view full credits).

Not My Dream Room
Besides all of the other weekend festivities, it's also time for this week's new Digi Dare. This week's dare is to document your childhood bedroom... what a topic for me!
Photobucket
Journaling: "The Peptobismol pink walls and the country blue cat stencils around the walls were not exactly my choice. When my mom asked me what I wanted my room to be, I said, "red black and white." Erica, my new step sister, who was only at the house every-other-weekend, wanted day beds and kittens. Guess what we got. I hated - LOATHED even - the whole thing. I think it turned me against the color pink entirely for years & years. Today we joke and laugh about it, but then I just didn't understand it. I didn't understand that my mom was just trying to help her feel welcome and at home. I was hurt and jealous and hurt some more. I took it out on the pink walls and the little kitties. In short,I hated that room."

(click here to view full credits).

Find the Bright Side
Photobucket
Journaling: "I know this move has been hard on you. We've asked - no, not asked, but required - you to move twice in a year. The move from Michigan was hard enough, but this second move - leaving Ohio - well for that we asked more of you than I ever wanted to ask. You had to leave behind your best friend in the world. Remember, though, she is still your friend. And if we would have never moved the 1st time, you would never have met her. Could it be that another great friendship waits here to be discovered? Don't be afraid to dare to step out & try."

(Click here to view full credits).

**********

No comments: