Pages

Monday, May 30, 2011

Today

I took no pictures today. I ALMOST did. We were at the splash park and I came prepared with my camera, only to find that I had left my memory stick in my computer. Oh well.

We had a good day, albeit an understated day. Nothing fancy. Lucas changed the oil, and Sebastian helped (sort of). I finished sanding the wood for the bench, and washed all of the wood down with bleach water to kill the rest of the mildew. Besides that, between Lucas and I, we mowed, finished the laundry, cooked lunch and dinner, and generally cleaned up the house. And like I said, we took the kids to the park to play for a bit. Plus, they ran through the sprinkler in the front yard.

We finally broke late this evening and turned out AC on. It was 90 degrees in our house. We had crabby kids who couldn't sleep. Why torture ourselves if we don't have to? I just always feel like I've failed somehow when we turn the AC on for the first time. I have no explanation for it... just one of those weird quirks of mine.

So it was a good weekend. A good day. A HOT day. And I'm tired. Hopefully our bedroom has cooled down by now. With all the hot laundry piled up in there, it was oven-like earlier. Either way, I'm sure I'll survive the night. And hopefully be a bit more interesting tomorrow. :)

**********

No comments: