Pages

Saturday, May 7, 2011

When I Need a Little Happy

** If you're here for the blog hop, you're in the right spot! It's the post below this one!**

Sometimes (I know, it's hard to believe) I get a bit crabby. My kids just drive me nuts-o some days, or the housework feels never-ending, or whatever else the irritating culprit might be. But it happens. Today happens to be one of those days. Actually, I've been having a great day! Until Isaac's Lego castle fell apart, and he went buck nuts and decided to smash and destroy the rest of it, and then go in his room, slam the door, and slam the dresser. Um. No. Not happening. Not in this house. So, we had ourselves a bit of a confrontation.

It was all resolved, and everything - including his attitude - is back on track and running smoothly. But ya know, sometimes those little altercations can kind of try to grab a hold of you with a funk that's hard to shake. Since I'm having such a moment, I thought I'd purposely seek out something that makes me happy.

I settled on sweet tea and a few recent fun memories captured in photos. I found these pictures of Meagan playing Lego village in our eat-in area... never mind the crumby floor... you just can't sweep when there are Lego's all over the floor.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
These pictures just make me happy. I don't know what it is about them really. Maybe the colors; the details; the smiling little Lego people? Maybe it's more about her - probably so... I like that the series of pics depicts her movement - the way she plays all over the place, always so involved in imagination. And I like remembering her chatter about what all the people were doing - who was visiting, who was going to the grocery, who was going to work, etc. Whatever it is, these pictures make me smile. And I needed a smile. So I found a little happy.

And on a funny little note, thanks to the blog hop, my blog has busted into the top 200 blogs on both of the blog rankings I'm listed on. Even if it's only momentary, I'm enjoying my moment of 'fame' *bwahh haa haa*

**********

1 comment:

Holly said...

Your post made me literally laugh out loud. "Buck nuts?" LOVE THAT! Never heard it - think I have a new descriptor for my kids as they wig out over their toppled Lego creations. Can't wait to share your pics with my son - the giant spider and the house next to it- too cool! Made it here due to the blog hop and glad I spent a while reading your posts. Happy Moms Day!