Pages

Friday, August 12, 2011

Lunch Date. Zoo Date. Tree Date?

After having been in a total scrapping slump for about a month, I am finally finding my may out of the dark. I managed this week to make several layouts, and I don't hate any of them. Some of them I actually LIKE. Seems I'm heading in the right direction. Baby steps.

It's Friday, which always means a few things... (1) It's a great day for new releases at TLP and (2) it's time for a new Digi Dare. I have layouts for both of them today!

First, the Digi Dare... It's my week to host the dare, and since I had a lot of catching up to do for 2011, I kept it sweet and simple. This week is all about scrapping a group of photos and getting caught up. Please stop by the blog & check out the dare. Play along - there are $40 worth of digi goodies up for grabs this week!

Here's my layout for it...
Photobucket
Journaling: While in Urbana, Meagan played with B & A outside in the yard. The boys told Meagan they didn't know how to climb a tree. My tree-climbing girl thought that was unacceptable, so she taught them. Step-by-step until they were all in the tree together.
(Click here to view full credits)

And I have two layouts to share using new releases for Froggy Friday. Check out the Store at TLP to see what's new!
First, a layout using Sahlin Studio's new kit, word art, and alpha. (Can I just say this is one of my favorite layouts I've done in a while. I LOVE it when layouts of good pictures turn out good. And I love these pictures of Isaac and his friend together.)

Photobucket
Journaling: It had been way too long since you had seen or talked to C, so the moms arranged a meet-up date. We decided to meet at the Toledo Zoo since our membership had not expired yet & it was close for them. It worked out great! We met C and her family at the gate, and the 2 of you fell right back in stride like you never missed a beat. You still laughed and talked and played like you did every day when you were together. I'm so thankful for this day we got to spend with your best friend in the whole world. It was so good to see you laugh again.
(Click here to view full credits)

And another layout using Valorie Wibbens' new kit.
Photobucket
Journaling: We went to McDonald's for lunch today while our house was being shown. It was most definitely nothing extraordinary as far as food goes, But this turned out to be one of those days I will cherish as one of my favorite memories. We just had a really good time enjoying each other and laughing and talking. Life should be filled with more days like this one.
(Click here to view full credits)

**********

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Well I certainly would never have known you were in a scrapping slump - I always LOVE your pages!

Rebecca H. said...

Thanks Melissa! <3

Val said...

Love the pages and miss you so much! I can't wait to show Carrie these. And feel free to use her name; we don't mind! xoxoxoxoxo!