Pages

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Randomness is my life

I can't really put together a focused blog post that centers on one event or idea... because my life is going in about 20 directions at once. So you get what I have to give. Randomness.

Sunday on the way home from an extra football practice, we saw a hot air balloon (which is really common). What was different about this hot air balloon was that it looked REALLY BIG, as in, it was VERY close to the ground. The closer we drove to it, the more it looked like it was going to land in the field behind our house. We hurried home, and as we were pulling in to our neighborhood, we actually saw the chaser vehicle pulling out of said neighborhood. So, what else was there to do but bust a U-ee. We chased the chaser trailer. Yup. We're that cool.

It ended up being in a field just north of 'our' field. When we got to it, it was JUST starting to disappear behind the houses. We were right under it at one point. This picture doesn't even begin to do it justice really, but this is what happens when photography takes place out a moving van window.
Photobucket

*****

Football is going well. Much better than day 1. He likes it enough to actually endure the heat to go out in the yard and play with Daddy. For Isaac, my child who is self-proclaimed allergic to hot, this is a major thing.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

And they are learning tackling at practice. After eight years of telling our children not to hit others, we now do a complete 180 and tell them to hit them at full speed as hard as they can. It is one funny observation in cultural barriers. They run at each other and then stop just before impact. It will definitely take a bit of coaching to make them willing to hit and be hit at full speed.

(Isaac's in the center... he's the medium-length white sock kid... don't know a better way to tell them apart, since they all seem to dress in all black).
Photobucket

Do you see? It's a smile. He is having fun. Makes me happy when he enjoys himself.
Photobucket

high knees... sort of.
Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket
(He's holding the yellow pad... the one about to fall flat on his butt... he quickly learned to stay low in his stance so as to avoid being smashed to the ground.)
Photobucket

*****

Yesterday, on the pretense of cleaning the deck off to get ready to stain it, I sent my kids outside and turned them loose with the hose. They had a fabulous time. I got the kitchen floor cleaned and mopped. And beleive it or not, my deck actually got mostly cleaned off. Win Win.

Photobucket
Photobucket

Spraying each other in the face and then cracking up. What are brothers for?
Photobucket
See, a clean deck.
Photobucket

*****

We got caterpillars in the mail yesterday. They have yet to move. I think they were boiled. But we'll give them a few days... the instructions do say that they may not move much for the first few days. So we'll see.

Speaking of pets... anyone want a cat? She's great. She is litter trained and sweet and loving and all those things. Her only major flaw is that she pukes up food piles all over the house about 5 times a day. Grrrr. I am seriously getting tired of cleaning up hair balls and regurgitated turkey piles. Blech. This cat's got to figure out her issues or I may lose my mind!

So there you have my random bits and pieces. Oh, I ran tonight. And actually didn't hate it. In fact, I sort of liked it other than the occassional leg cramps. And then I came home and ate a brownie, but only because Meagan and I had made them earlier tonight (she wanted to have a cooking session, and it was a choice between brownies and cupcakes. I'll take brownies every time), and I didn't want to break a bitty heart by not tasting her masterpiece. Okay for real now, I'm ending the randomness. I need to go to bed.


**********

No comments: