Pages

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Work It!

I think God has lit a big fat fire under my butt in the past few weeks.

First, I felt super compelled to read (aka, tear through) Dave Ramsey's Total Money Makeover. It was inspiring and empowering. It was an eye-opener. I have new perspective. I'm a little overwhelmed. But in a good, manageable way. This book was a good thing for me. Because Lucas works and I am home, I am the one who "takes care of" the money stuff. Confession time... in the past year, that has consisted of little more than paying the bills and shoving receipts in a drawer to deal with at some later date.

No more! Today and tomorrow I am working on getting receipts entered, papers filed, and my front room generally de-cluttered. A gigantic undertaking, but it can be done! It MUST be done! For my sanity and peace of mind. Then we shall re-evaluate our budget and make some necessary changes. Two giant bits of wisdom that Dave Ramsey crams into a few little words: 1. Baby steps. 2. Start with the END in mind. Yes, I can do this!

As if that weren't enough, I've also suddenly been motivated to start working out once a day. I dug out the old EA Active for wii and started a new 30 day challenge this morning. I did the intense workout. Then I nearly fell down the stairs from my jell-o legs (can you say inline skating? *lol*). So I'm really planning on keeping up with that during the weeks especially. Maybe I'll chill on weekends, but there's no reason not to take 30 minutes from my Mon-Fri.

So there you have it. I am on fire! Pumped! Ready!
Wish me luck!

**********

1 comment:

sandy said...

Thanks for your motivation. I've been contemplating taking a Dave Ramsey course at a local church. I should definitely try it.

I just started, again to begin to work out every morning. I went for a bike ride this morning. It was a little chilly at 6:55am. Couldn't quite make the 6:30am though. Keep up the good work!

Sandy
https://sites.google.com/site/simplesolutionsforfamilies/