Pages

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Check

Yesterday at dinner, Lucas asked Sebastian what he would like to do together for the evening. I would imagine that Lucas was thinking something along the lines of baseball, or a bike ride. Sebastian's answer? 'Chess.'

So, after we ate, they set up their chess game. I headed down to the basement (to post on my blog). About fifteen minutes later, Lucas came down and asked me to Google something for him... 'Can the king attack in check?' Well, we found out that yes, the king can capture the piece that has him in check, but that's not the point of my story. The point is that my six-year-old, within fifteen minutes or so, got his daddy in check in a chess game. Lucas was ultimately able to get out of it, but he had to consult the 'rules' to do it. I was so proud of Sebastian (although slightly humbled, because he's now better at chess than I am). What a smarty pants.

No comments: