Pages

Friday, August 10, 2007

The old is new again

Wow, I've been HORRIBLE about blogging lately. This week, I blame my computer...it crashed AGAIN, and I've been waiting for Lucas to get it fixed. After a new power supply and a new mother board, I think all is well, and I'm back in business.
We had company this week too! Grandma H. came up and stayed with us. We had a great time - story hour at the library, followed by lunch at McDonald's and the play land after lunch! Plus, a fun painting project (which I still have to finish - gotta glue their pictures down). The kids had a ball! Always fun to have family visit!
Then today was the first day of my garage sale. It went fairly well actually. I was pleased. It was worth the effort of setting up in the crazy humidity yesterday. So here's what happened yesterday while I was setting up...

When Sebastian was 18 months old, he got a train track for Christmas from Keary. He LOVED that train, and played with it all the time...ALL the time. But, as time passed, the train set lost its appeal, I guess, and Sebastian moved on. The train has been packed away in a storage box since we moved here. I got it out yesterday, cleaned it off, and set it up to put in the garage sale. I figured it hasn't seen the light of day for nearly 3 years, so it was time to let it go. Well, as I was setting it up, Meagan took notice of it, and started checking it out. Not five minutes later, she was deeply involved in an exciting game of choo choo train. She didn't care that the thing doesn't work right anymore...she LOVED it. Soon, the boys came out and started playing too. They spent nearly 2 hours on the garage floor playing with this old train set (which left their legs from their knees all the way to the tips of their toes completely black and nasty...it took half the stack of baby wipes just to wipe them off enough to go from the garage to the tub). They begged and pleaded, and gave their best puppy dog eyes, until I took the sticker off the train set and moved it out of the garage sale. So this morning, first thing, they were all out on the front porch playing with their newly rediscovered train set. The old is new again. I love that!

No comments: