Pages

Monday, January 14, 2008

Did I hear a 'Roger' in there?

Aah, the sounds of morning at our house...wake up on a Sunday morning, to the peaceful sound of ....

BEEEEEEEEEEEP....'(crackle crackle) I'm upstairs playing Legos. What are you doing? (crackle crackle)'

'(static, crackle) Roger. I'm in the basement. Over.'

BEEEEP... 'Roger that. Are you having fun? Over.'

And the conversation went on for several minutes in much the same fashion...a normal conversation being held in the midst of static and Rogers and Overs. I laid there and listened to them for a minute, smiling to myself. Then I rolled over, and opened my eyes a crack, only to find Lucas looking back at me. 'Did I hear a Roger in there?' We both cracked up laughing. What a classic moment in raising boys. Gotta love waking up to the sound of walkie-talkies!

No comments: