Pages

Friday, January 18, 2008

Itty Bitty

I started this layout a few nights ago. I went back and looked at it again last night and decided to totally ditch what I had done and start over...not out anything but time, right?! Tonight I got my 2007 bank accounts reconciled for work, so, to celebrate, I figured I should do some scrapbooking!


This picture is old (LOL)! Sebastian was 5 days old when this was taken. So many things about this picture brought back memories - especially about that house. Sometimes I miss that house - it had cool character (that's code for drafty windows and peeling paint - LOL). But what I remember most from looking at this picture is the rough ride we went through trying to adjust to being parents. For some reason, I had had it in my head that it wasn't going to be as difficult as everyone said. In some ways, it really wasn't. But in many ways, I WAY underestimated the power of the itty bitty baby. I still have to laugh at myself for calling the hospital the night we brought him home! I was freaked out because he kept throwing up on absolutely everything...he just wouldn't stop! I thought I had done something wrong. I mean, he didn't puke like that in the hospital, so why was he doing it now?! But we managed to get our bearings and muddle our way through until we kinda sorta figured out what we were doing.


I remember taking this picture. It was a non-puking, uneventful, peaceful, quiet moment. I grabbed my camera (like always) because it was just so cute the way Sebastian fit so snuggly and perfect in Lucas' lap. Wasn't he cute? Hard to believe he was once that teeny tiny. Man, time flies.


Journaling: Five days into parenthood, we still had lots to learn. But Lucas had already learned all he needed to know...that his lap was the perfect fit for his sleepy, itty bitty baby boy. When you have that figured out, what else could possibly matter more?

No comments: