Pages

Saturday, January 5, 2008

Old School

What a funny way to spend the evening. We had some running around to do yesterday, so after dinner, we all loaded into the van and headed out. We stopped at Meijer for a few errands...get the boring stuff out of the way. Then we headed to Wal-Mart for some shopping with Christmas money. Meagan picked out another set of furniture for her doll house, and Lucas bought 2000 wii points (I looked at stuff for my ipod but couldn't make up my mind, so I decided to wait). When we got home, we used the wii points to download games - OLD SCHOOL games, like from the very first Nintendo system that we had when we were kids! Lucas picked Legend of Zelda, and I picked Super Mario 3....I LOVE that game! Erica and I used to spend hours in front of the tv playing 2-player Super Mario.

We played a little. Then we let the boys have a turn - I think the 2-D threw them off. Maybe the games were so simple they were complicated? When the kids went to bed, Lucas and I played 2-player Mario for about 2 hours. We didn't get very far, and we kept having to hit continue (especially for Lucas) because we kept running out of lives. But it was lots of fun! We laughed quite a bit. It's funny, I played so much when I was little that I still kind of remember where the secrets are almost twenty years later. I had forgotten how much I used to enjoy playing Mario. Aah, childhood memories...LOL! Gotta love old school games! Now I'm just waiting for paperboy! LOL!

No comments: