Pages

Friday, March 21, 2008

Battling Sombreros

March has been quite a busy month around work, and there were 2 of us who had birthdays (the 5th & the 6th). Yesterday was the first time we were both available to go out for a group lunch. They left the restaurant choice up to me (since Kim didn't care). Silly me, I did not base my choice on the level of humiliation for birthday celebrations, but rather on the tastiness of the food. I chose Mexican. I should have based it on the first.


I wasn't even giving it any thought, to be quite honest. We were all enjoying our meals; everyone was almost done. I thought we were just waiting for the check. NOPE. First I heard the clapping. Then the singing (all coming from behind me). Then I felt the giant (quite heavy) hat plop on my head. In all the excitement (aka embarrassment), I almost caught my sleeve on fire on my fried ice cream birthday candle! That would have topped it all, don't ya think?

Anyhow, it was fun, although we were both a touch embarrassed. And since we were sitting right next to each other, it felt like a battle of sombreros, as they kept bouncing into each other. Funny stuff!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

At least you got the pretty hat.


Nancy