Pages

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

A twist on PJ Day

This morning was story hour at the library, and it was PJ day. Isaac got to wear his pajamas, and take a pillow and blanket and stuffed animal. He took Baby Cutie with him, which is his rescue pet from Suzie from Christmas. He loves Baby Cutie! Although he is generally a stuffed animal lover, and to ask him to pick a favorite would probably put him in quite the predicament. I was like that when I was little, too. I remember once in nursery school we had a stuffed animal circus day. We all got to bring one animal with us to school, and we each got a turn making our animals do tricks. I can remember laying in bed the night before, crying because I was torn over the decision. I wanted so badly to take them all, but I had narrowed it down to Rocky the Squirrel and Mr. Tiger. From there, I just couldn't bear to choose (which is funny because when I think back on it, neither was really one of my favorites as far as sleeping with them or taking them around with me and all. Who knows why I was so hung up on those 2 animals???). I finally ended up choosing Mr. Tiger at the last minute...you know....Tigers are more circus-y than squirrels and all. I remember apologizing to Rocky and feeling so bad because I had to leave him home. How funny, the mind of a child.


Anyway, Isaac didn't seem quite as torn as I was in deciding who to take with him today. Meagan, although she's not technically in Isaac's story hour class, decided she needed to take Jolly Tall (or Mommy Giraffe, as she calls her). So, we marched off to the library with 2 kids, 2 animals, one pillow and one blanket in hand. For their project they glued squares of construction paper together to make a patch-work quilt. And their stories were about bedtime-ish things. It was quite the themed morning. He had a blast.


The rest of the afternoon I worked - to get a head-start on AP's this week...maybe freeing up the last 2 days of the work week for projects instead of day-to-day stuff. I'm feeling like I'm so close, but so far away. I'm definitely going to have to put my head down and keep plowing forward. I'm almost there! Keep praying for me, please!


Other than that, not lots to report tonight. We had kind of a late night last night, so I'm thinking we're going to crash early tonight. I do have one layout I can share with you before I head to bed. I did this one last night while Lucas was gaming. It sort of reminds me of the tattoo layout I did not too long ago - maybe because I used papers from the same kit, so it's got the same feel to it. More Cedar Point pictures.



'Kinda makes me wonder...was this ride more for the little boys or the big boys?'

Journaling on the pictures: 1) It was fun at first until the crashing started. 2) The look on poor Isaac's face says it all. 3) I know this is a bad picture, but the look on his face is classic!

1 comment:

Kelli said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Hope you are doing something superfun (yes, that is one word) today.