Pages

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Three days later...

A little delayed in sharing Easter pictures, but that's because I had some technical difficulties with my camera - mainly that I can't find my power cord to plug it in to charge it to take pictures (or to download the ones that are on there already). So, luckily Guy & Jane were up here visiting, and they brought their camera. They took over 100 pictures while they were here, but couldn't transfer them until Monday or Tuesday. So, I now have pictures to share with you. Just one for now because I have to edit the others still (rotate them so you don't have to turn your head 90 degrees to look at them).

We got up Sunday morning and did our egg hunt first thing. Then had a quick breakfast and headed off to church. During church, about 10 minutes into the service, after the singing & announcements and all that were done, the nursery paging system flashed up on the screen, and wouldn't you know, it was Meagan's number. So I got up and left service to go see what the problem was. The nursery leader said Meagan had been whimpering and crying and was acting like her arm was broken. She hadn't seen anything happen. They were playing duck duck goose and Meagan just started crying. It sounded a lot like the way she was acting when her elbow was acting up, which also just came on without warning, so I figured something similar was going on. I thanked the nursery workers, gathered up Meagan's things, and we headed back to the service. As soon as the nursery doors shut behind us, Meagan looked at me and said, 'Are we going to Grandma now?' I told her we were going to go sit with Grandma, but that she had to be quiet and sit still. She laid her head on my shoulder, and for about another 10 minutes, she continued to act hurt. Until, that is, Grandma's lap freed up (when Isaac decided to move). Miraculously (we were in church after all, so why shouldn't miracles happen?) Meagan's arm was fixed! She could move it again just fine, as she climbed from my lap to Grandma's. Nice. All I could think to myself was, 'Man, that girl is good.' I knew I'd been played.

Other than the elbow, we had a hitch-free Easter day. For lunch we went to Logan's. Then, Guy & Jane left after lunch and we hung around and took it easy all afternoon and evening. Meagan played with her new kitchen that she got for Easter (a $40 version of the $100 kitchen sets...$40 very well spent...she LOVES the thing!). The boys played wii, since the Easter Bunny was way awesome and put pennies in their Easter eggs! I think to them that was better than candy!

No comments: