Pages

Monday, March 10, 2008

A Case of the Yucks

Let's just say today has not been my best day ever. I woke up last night starting around 1:00 in the morning, and intermittently after that, fighting the urge to get sick. I don't know why I fought it - Lucas says just get it over with and you'll feel better. But I have a thing about that...you know, toilets and all...yuck. Besides, other than the stomach issues, I was quite comfortable, and really didn't want to get out of bed. Finally, around 5:00 this morning, I lost my battle. Shortly after, I fell back asleep and slept until almost 8:00 (which made Sebastian nearly late for school...but we managed to pull it off!).

I was feeling okay when I got up, so I decided to carry on with my day as normal. Sometime around 11:00, I realized that was a mistake. But I made my way through our staff meeting before heading home for a break. I got home around 1:15, and laid down on the couch - just for a minute - to relax. I woke up at 2:45. Oops. I got up and went back to work to take the deposit to the bank and tie up some loose ends. I was quite thankful for the end of the day to come rolling around.

Tonight I ordered pizza because the thought of cooking was just too much. I did what I could to help Lucas do bills, but mostly I'm just laying around trying (again) not to get sick again, and feeling a bit pathetic. I'm hoping for a good night of sleep and a better day tomorrow. Mostly, though, I'm hoping no one else catches this case of the yucks.

No comments: