Pages

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Sports coming out my ears!

I knew that eventually we may be faced with scheduling issues with kids' sports as the kids got older, but I didn't realize it could start so soon. We had the boys' t-ball meeting last night, and basically what I learned is that I'm going to have sports coming out of my ears. Isaac will practice every Tuesday evening, and Sebastian will practice every Wednesday evening. Both will have games on Saturdays - one at 9:30, the other at 10:30. Plus, Sebastian has soccer on either Tuesdays or Thursdays (I'm REALLY hoping for Thursdays) with games on Saturdays. Seems I'm going to have to find a double - for myself and Sebastian. I'm not sure how else to be in 2 places at once.

Oh, and did I mention that the 'coaches' for soccer have bailed and left us coach-less. That means, unless someone steps up as the 'coach' for the team, the kids won't be able to play, even though they paid and registered and did the first half of the season last fall. As I was the team coordinator in the first part of the season, the task of finding a coach has fallen on me. I spoke with all of the parents, and everyone is in the same boat as me. I want to help, and want the kids to be able to play, but can't commit to every practice and every game. That seemed to be the general consensus among all the parents. But one of us has to officially be the volunteer coach. So, guess who that will be...ME! How on earth did I land a soccer coaching gig? I have no idea. But I would rather do that than tell 8 little boys that they can't play because adults chose not to keep their commitments. Anyway...I guess it's time to research a thing or two about soccer! LOL! Actually the league we're working with has lots of resources, practice guidelines, drills, etc for coaches, so I should be able to get a lot of it there. I'll let you know how it goes!

Just think, about 2 more years, and all 3 of them will be going strong! Yikes!

No comments: