Pages

Monday, September 29, 2008

Feeling Junky

Yup, that pretty much sums up the past 3 or 4 days for me - feeling junky. It has progressed slowly from head pressure to sore throat to I can't breathe through my nose and I can't hear a thing (except ear poppings). Anyway, I've put up with this long enough - I am seriously expecting to be done with it in the next day or so.

As far as updates go - Friday Meagan and I hung out with friends for a while - nothing too notable. It's just good to be with friends. Saturday...hmmm...I can't even remember what we did Saturday. I was starting to feel a little down, so we just sort of hung out - and watched ND win!! Sunday, church (where I couldn't sing - even more than usual *LOL* - and I bawled my eyes out, which made the stuffy/runny nose issue all the messier...nice.), nap, bills, grocery, and generally lying around and being a bum on the couch.

Today I thought I was feeling a bit better, but by about 2:30, the yucks were setting in again. Tonight, Lucas took Sebastian to football practice (which was called earlier due to lightning and rain), and I helped Isaac with a project for school - a Me book. I'm thinking I might do another interview with the kids and make up a Me book out of it for each of them. I think they would like that...I'll make a few 5x7 pages, print them out, and adhere them to some 5x7 note cards. At least that was my thought while we were working on his book for school - we'll see if I ever actually get around to it!

Oh, and today when I got home from school, there was a message from Isaac's teacher. Apparently, I am to expect a call from the principal, because today at lunch, my sweet little boy decided to bite someone. Why, you might ask (as I did)? A direct quote from Isaac: "I don't know. I can't remember." (Remember what I told you with the treadmill post? "I don't know" almost always translates into "If I tell you the truth, I will get in trouble.") So, we had to have a refresher on how to behave when someone is making us mad / frustrated. He also lost TV for the night, and he lost a penny from his jar (which, if you know this boy, is about the worst punishment you can dish out to him...which is how the whole penny thing came about anyway, since nothing else seemed to be effective with him). Anyway...Lucas told him tonight at dinner that he might have actually broken a record, beating his Daddy and his Uncle Shane in how quickly they can get in trouble with the principal. Even Sebastian held off his mooning episode until 1st grade! *LOL* So, I have a mooner and a biter...hmmm? Sometimes I feel sooooo inadequate to be the mother of two boys. Tonight before bed, I did a short recap with Isaac as to expected and acceptable behavior. It went something like this: 'Don't hit. Don't bite. Keep your teeth and your hands to yourself.' (Shouldn't this be a given??? I don't know. Whatever it takes I guess.)

Off to watch Prison Break. And then crash. Later.

No comments: