Pages

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

While the Brownies are Baking...

I'll take a minute to tell you about our morning on the first day of school. Isaac's 1st day of kindergarten! And Sebastian's first day of 2nd grade! I got up early to get myself ready before getting the boys up. When I went into their room at 7:15 to wake them up, their beds were empty. They were in the basement playing! I guess they were too excited to sleep!

We were all ready by 7:50, waiting for the bus. The bus garage is apparently a bit of a disaster at the moment, because they gave me two totally different pick-up times (7:36 and 8:20), and they show that Sebastian and Isaac are coming home on two totally different bus routes - 2 brothers leaving the same school at the same time and going to the same place...2 bus routes? Hmm...? I made few calls to get it straightened out, and I talked to the bus driver. So, here's to hoping that I get both of my kids home tonight after school!

I thought you might like to see a few pictures. I got a few good ones of the boys in their 1st day of school clothes. You wouldn't believe how hard it was to find them clothes that are appropriate for 85 degree weather. Everything in stores is long sleeves, long pants, winter jackets, etc. But we did our best, and they seemed to be pleased with the choices.

I also got a few pictures of Meagan, who was pouting heavily this morning. At first she was boycotting even getting out of bed because she didn't want her boys to leave her. But she decided to come outside to say goodbye to them - in her PJ's! She was giving her best sad face, in hopes that it would sway them to stay home. It didn't work. In fact, when the bus came, they flew onto the bus so fast that I only had time to barely snap one picture before they were both out of sight. Clearly, no apprehension about the first day of school!

They should be home in about another half hour or so (hopefully, anyway). They will have some warm brownies waiting for them for a special after-school snack. Meagan can't wait (for her boys AND for the brownies!).

No comments: