Pages

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Preschool Girl

I know, I am WAY late on posting this, since it happened Thursday (3 whole days ago!). I'm gonna go with 'Better late than never!'

Thursday was Meagan's first day of preschool! She was SOOO excited about the prospect of going to her very own school. We had gone earlier in the week and picked out a pretty little jumper for her to wear on the first day, so after breakfast, she rushed up the stairs and got dressed. Then we braided her hair into 'fancy hair' as she called it. She looked DARN CUTE! The only problem was that when we walked outside for pictures, we noticed that it was FREEZING! Her little jumper was hardly going to be enough to keep her warm for the day. So, we took some pictures quickly (notice her arms are folded? she's cold.) and then put a little white sweater over her jumper. Oh well. Still cute.

When we pulled up, she immediately started jabbering about her school and her playground and her friends and her this and her that. She practically sprinted to the door. And when we walked in, she jumped right in with both feet! She went straight over to where her teacher asked her to go, and went on about her business. She came back over to me and gave me a quick hug and smooch before I left, but she wasn't phased at all by my departure.

When I got there to pick her up in the afternoon, she actually got mad at me! I walked in, and her teacher said, "Meagan, your mommy's here." Meagan jumped up off of the story carpet and came running to me to give me a big hug. Then she turned right around and headed back to the carpet to sit down. So, I had to explain to her that I was there to get her and we were going to go home, which was promptly greeted with, "I don't want to leave!" I explained nicely, once more, that we had to go so we would be home when the boys' bus got to our house. She said, "It's okay, Mom, you can go get the boys." She had no intentions of leaving. Finally, I put all niceties aside and firmly told her it was time to go. She was mad, but she went.



No comments: