Pages

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Weekend Art Gallery

I did a LOT of scrapping this weekend! It was wonderful (although now I'm afraid I'm going to have trouble getting back into the real world this week...may go through withdrawal...LOL)!
The first layout I did, I started Thursday night, and finished sometime Friday afternoon. It's a picture of Meagan that I took on one of our walks at the park. I like the picture, because the focus was intended to be less on her and more on the beauty of what was around us. I like it when we spend time like that and we can get everything else out of the way and just enjoy all that God has created, and all that is really important comes to the forefront as our busy schedules and daily duties get pushed to the side.


Journaling: As we grow older, the really important moments in life seem to get lost in a whirlwind of hurried schedules and daily routine. I pray that you will always be able to recognize and appreciate these moments that God has created for us simply to enjoy & be blessed.
The second and third ones I did Friday night. My friend had a scrapbook night at her house from 6:00 to midnight. So, I took my laptop and scrapped for six hours (and talked and ate!). Funny that in six hours I only managed to get two layouts done (and start a third, which I later junked and started over from scratch). Anyway, I like how they both turned out. Both are of some Summer vacation pictures. Both happen to be Sebastian, for no particular reason, other than I just felt inspired to use the pictures I guess.
One is Sebastian and Shane swimming (or flying, depending on how you look at it). I am amazed at how brave he is in the water this year compared to last!
Journaling: This year you've really exploded with courage when it comes to the pool. No swimmies. No fear. [Sebastian & Shane]

The second is another Sebastian & Shane thing - they did a dinosaur dig, where they 'buried' bones in a cast and then excavated them by digging them up with tools and all. Definitely a highlight for Sebastian!


Last one...this one, I think, is my personal favorite. I think it's because it was not at all coming together right, and then all of a sudden it clicked, and it came together great. I think it's one of my all-time favorite layouts. These pictures were taken last September. She was all decked out in my shoes and purse (the purse she later claimed as her own!), and she was pretending to be grown up - you know, go to the grocery, go to work, talk on the phone, etc. Very cute, she is!


No comments: