Pages

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Good Day

Today was a great day for us! Nothing exceptional happened, but it was just a really good day. It started out good - I woke up early, rested, no weird dreams left over in my head (which has been happening WAY more than I would care for lately). I started laundry right away, and the day continued on pretty productively all the way through. I managed to get six loads of laundry done and put away, with a seventh washed and dried (still in the dryer as of right now). I made a grocery list, and the three kids and I took a grocery trip today (which took 2 hours +... they were VERY good, thankfully...I could have had a rotten afternoon otherwise...instead it was a very good one). It's so nice to see food in the refrigerator again!


Tonight after dinner I got to talk to my mom and to my friend Sherri for a few minutes each. I gave the kids a bath. Got a few minor chores done around the house. And then my friend Karen came over and we went on a talking walk. I love talking walks with good friends! Good stuff. She left about 20 minutes ago. Now I'm in my pj's and am basically ready for bed, except my husband is watching a scary movie in our room right now, and if fall asleep to scary / suspenseful / action / sci-fi type movies, I have BIZARRE dreams! The last one was about mutant ferrets that were infected with a virus that made them mass produce and be super strong and killer ... thanks to Resident Evil at bedtime (although I'm not sure where the ferrets came in?). So I came down to get my ipod to try to block out the movie so I can fall asleep with happy thoughts in my head.


All in all, this was a very productive day, with well behaved children, fun time with family, and good time with friends. I didn't feel like I was chasing the day (if that makes any sense), but I felt like I was ahead of things most of the time. I love days like that. Hoping for more of that tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are just remembering Rajah the killer ferret!!!!!!

Rebecca H. said...

could be! LOL!