Pages

Friday, August 22, 2008

Trail Blazin'

Tonight after dinner, Lucas headed to his friend's house to play bow hunting (*LOL* they've been doing lots of target practice in his big wooded back yard...the same back yard where Isaac got the CRAZY bug bites!). So the kids and I decided to head to the park. It had rained just before we left, so instead of going on the muddy playground, we took a walk through the trails in the woods (paved trails...we avoided the dirt/mud paths tonight...even still we had to stop every few feet for poor Isaac to shake the mud and sticks out of his shoe. And once Sebastian, who was wearing flip flops planted his whole foot right in a mud hole). We walked for a little while, although I could tell Meagan was dragging a bit, since she took zero nap today. For the sake of everyone's evening enjoyment, I thought it was best not to push her for too long.

While we were walking, I got an idea that I think I will try with the kids sometime next week (hopefully)... a photograph scavenger hunt. I looked around the woods and trails today, and made a mental list. My plan is to make a list of 10 things we have to find somewhere in the park. Then we will take the camera, and as we find something on our list, we can take a picture of it (that way we can look for things and not have to worry about whether or not we can collect them). They seemed pretty excited about the idea when I asked them. I'm hoping we get a day with good weather and a few hours of free time next week so we can do it up right!

Tomorrow the boys are going with their Daddy and Uncle Shane to a football game in Detroit. Lucas got tickets to the Browns/Lions game. They're pretty excited - Sebastian more so than Isaac (we sort of had to talk Isaac into going, but I think he'll have fun).

No comments: