Pages

Friday, August 22, 2008

Her reputation precedes her

Today we took a van load of boxes and bags of clothes, bedding, shoes and other odds and ends to a local not-for-profit shop to donate. We had emptied out the van, and I was standing at the counter filling out the info for the receipt (name, address, etc). As I was writing my address, the lady working there said, 'Oh, you live right by my parents. They live right across the street from you.' I asked who here parents were, and we talked about that for a second. Then she leaned over the counter, looked at Meagan, and said, 'And I have heard all about you!' She told me that her mother has told her several stories about Meagan. 'She's a character, that's for sure,' I replied. The lady laughed and said, 'Funny, those are the same words my mom uses to describe her... not in a bad way. She says she's so cute, but she sure can give her brothers a piece of her mind!'

I just had to laugh to myself. At the age of three, Meagan's reputation precedes her. Should I be worried? :)

No comments: