Pages

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

About Today

This morning I took a half-day. What do I mean by that? I mean, I got up, fed people, and then plopped in front of my computer and intentionally did nothing but play for the first half of the day.

I enjoyed myself immensely.

While I was off-duty, my house exploded.

*Sigh* I am constantly torn between taking a little bit of time for myself and working non-stop. I know there's a balance to be found. It just seems that whenever I sit down and take an hour of down time, I spend the rest of my day chasing the mess.

I was back on-duty for lunch. But Lucas helped me clean up the breakfast mess in the kitchen. I then proceeded to reheated leftover pizza for lunch, and the kids cleaned up after lunch. That is a beautiful thing!

You know, come to think of it, I might have pretty much just taken the whole day off. Other than cleaning the kitchen, planning a menu of sorts for the week, sorting & filing receipts, and picking up a bit here & there (oh and washing a load of laundry), I didn't do much today. I actually abandoned my family around 4:00 for some alone time walking through the aisles of Target & Pier 1. I then ordered carry-out from Chili's (thank you Sue & Keith) and picked it up on my way home.

After dinner, we played board games - Blokus and How to Train Your Dragon. Very fun. I like Blokus quite a bit. After games, the kids watched a movie & I plopped again.

Yup, I think that pretty much can be summed up in this statement: I took the day off today.

I like that.

Tomorrow I have work to do.

No comments: