Pages

Thursday, December 9, 2010

It's Beginning to Look...

... a lot like Christmas! I've wrapped almost all of our presents. I have a few stragglers. And a few that I still have to finish. But they're almost all done.

I love shiny papers. Bright colors. Fun ribbons. I had to put ribbons on the gifts that my dad & Nancy sent for the kids... that's one of my favorite little memories about Christmas with them. Nancy always had fun boxes with pictures on them, and she always took time to put ribbon on and curl the ribbon ends. I loved that. And it's only fair that my kids should get curly ribbon-wrapped gifts from them also.
I used up some of the left-overs from last year's Christmas wrapping paper stash. It was a a bit beat up, especially from moving from Michigan to Ohio, but it still hides the present that's inside... so it works.
Okay, so remember not-so-long ago when I said that I was taking the minimal approach to Christmas decorations? Well....
My mother-in-law visited. God lover her. She is the QUEEN of decorative lighting. There is just no getting around it. So we went from being the darkest house on the block to looking like Chevy Chase decorated for us *giggle*. But it looks fun and festive. I like the colors. I'm happy.

**********

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a sweet and wonderful thing to say. I loved wrapping presents for you and tried to make each one special just for you. It's funny, I just wrapped a present for my mailman, and yes, it has a special bow I made just for him.