Pages

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Try Again and Try Something New

As the new year quickly approaches, I've been giving some thought to a few endeavours I would like to attempt. First off, I would like to TRY AGAIN on the whole idea of photographing the year. Most people do a project 365 - take a picture each day. That is a LOVELY idea. But in my world, it is just not realistic. I am maybe THE most forgetful / easily-distracted person God has ever created (well, maybe aside from Pastor Mark). To expect myself to do ANYTHING on a daily basis other than brush my teeth & shower is just expecting too much. I don't even take my daily medicine on a daily basis (I have 3 kids to prove it... think on that one a minute, lol). So I'm not holding myself to a rule of having to take a photo EVERY day. If I miss one here & there, then I miss one. Move on. Also, I think I'm going to TRY SOMETHING NEW this year. For the past few years, Ali Edwards has hosted One Little Word. It was something I thought of doing last year, but didn't ever commit to. This year, I think I'll give it a try. I've given a fair amount of thought to it, and my word to focus on this year is going to be INTENTIONAL. I want to be intentional with my life, not just waist it or let it pass by haphazardly. I want to be intentional with my words, my decisions, my actions. I want to be intentional with the things I choose to eat and drink, with the way we use our finances and resources. I want to be intentional in relationships - with Lucas, with our kids, with friends & family. I believe that our lives are comprised of the results of our decisions. I want to be intentional about the decisions I make. So this year, that is what my focus will be. I am excited to see where this project will lead me and how it will impact my life. Here's to trying something new!

No comments: