Pages

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Yesterday & Today

So much to do today. Today is our travel day for our first of many Christmas celebrations (well, really our second, since we already celebrated with Shane... and Tina, although in her absence, but we talked on the phone).

Today we are going to Mom & Mikes. Spend the night. Hang out. Get up tomorrow and have a family lunch / Christmas event! I'm excited to see my sister and her husband and my sister-in-law (although my brother will be working *sad*) and my nieces and nephews. I'm excited.

This morning I got up and baked one last batch of cookies. I had mixed up the batter last night, but I was all cookied out, so I stuck it in a baggie in the fridge and waited 'til this morning. I am sure I enjoyed the baking much more by waiting. Positive.

Oh, last night I finished up the rest of my baking - I made gingerbread cookies for the first time ever. Shaped like angels because we have no 'man' cut-out. They are good. Really good. But I will share and not eat them all.

Then after the baking (and WAY TOO MUCH prompting and instruction for the kids to pick up their messes... I thought maybe I was gonna start ticking I was so frustrated... sometimes that happens with kids and moms.... last night was one of those times for me), we loaded into the van and drove over to the church for a light show. They have several thousand lights strung up all around, and the lights are synced to Trans-Siberian Orchestra music. The kids loved it. We all did. What I loved most though was sitting in our van, with the music playing on the radio, and the kids piled up in the front seat with us, or just behind us. I loved watching Isaac try to watch everything at once. I loved hearing Meagan's ideas of how the lights knew when to blink. It was cool. Good stuff.

Anyway, this morning I still had Christmas wrapping to do. Got it done. We're ready to roll on Christmas morning! I can't wait! Maybe we'll just open presents today!

No, but really, this year I am going to haul the presents down and set them out under the tree... torture my kids a bit & build up the anticipation. I am SO excited to give them their gifts! SO excited!

So I still have to make a trip to the store because we are almost out of milk, which we will be needing on Christmas morning... now is my only chance to get it before the stores close. And I have to fill up the van with gas. And I WANT to get all of our cardboard recycling out of the garage to make room for the Christmas boxes and such.

But still, I thought I needed to take a minute and sit down and take a breather. No reason to get all up in a bunch. I just want to enjoy this day and relax and take it slow.

Have I ever told you I LOVE Christmas? Because I do.

No comments: