Pages

Friday, December 17, 2010

More Blessed to Give...

This week's Digi Dare is up, and here's my layout for it...





Journaling: “During the year of 2009, Lucas & I were blessed to get to know **** and **** and their family. As we spent time with them each week in small group, we developed a trust & friendship that was, honestly, a bit unexpected. So our hearts broke when Christmas came around and **** shared that they didn’t know how they would be able to get anything for their children for Christmas. Right away, we both knew that this would not do. We had been blessed with so much throughout the year. No way could we sit idly by and watch our friends suffer the heartache of financial hardship during the season that celebrates the Ultimate Gift. We, along with others in our group, agreed to do what we could to help. In total though, not much was collected. Initially it had been my intention to give them a $50 gift card, along with the other gifts that had been given as a group. But when the time came, I knew in my heart that I was not giving my best. At the last minute, I took the $200 of Visa gift cards that were in my wallet, and I slipped them, unmentioned, into the baby seat. They left for the evening, & we knew we would not see them again before Christmas. We wanted no Thank You, not notice. We simply wanted to know in our hearts that we had done our best to give and be an example of Christ in the lives of those whom God has placed in our lives. “

(Click here to view full credits)

**********

No comments: