Pages

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Winter Wipeout

First snow day of the year. First day for playing outside, building snow fort walls, and playing for hours (yes, hours) with neighbor friends. Well, Isaac only lasted for about 20 minutes. He is really not one for being cold and wet, so he can only take snow in short doses. Meagan and Sebastian were out for quite a bit longer - Meagan for about 2 hours, and Sebastian for about 3. They, along with 2 little boys down the street, built a big snow wall, a big snow man, and made up a game called Winter Wipeout (loosely based on the tv show Wipeout). At 4:00, I finally had to go in search of Sebastian and haul him home to warm up and eat lunch (no, he had still not eaten lunch at 4:00). I think he would have stayed out all day and into the evening. I think he had been out there for so long that he had stopped being able to feel the sensation of being cold. I figured I better bring him in to warm up. Hot chocolate, of course. I'm so glad, though, that they had such a great time playing. These are the memories that build a great childhood.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

need pics of the snow fort ...

Rebecca H. said...

sorry, i didn't take my camera down the street to retrieve my kid... so i did not get any pics of it. maybe i can go down later today and see if it's still up. but as for now, no pics of it to share.