Pages

Monday, May 21, 2007

Bike Ride

I did this page in pieces over the last several days. I finally finished it last night, so I thought I'd post it. I've found with some of my other pages, if you click on credits, you can actually click on the picture on that page to see the layout bigger. If this is too small to see, give that a try.

Click for Larger Image

Journaling: Today we took a bike ride - down to the end of the circle and back. This is the start of Sebastian's second summer riding a bike, but Isaac is just getting started. After a bit of practice, Daddy decided to let Isaac go on his own. He headed down the sidewalk, all of us tagging along a little distance behind. As he neared the end of the sidewalk, though, it became obvious to all of us that he was not going to be able to stop, and he would crash off the end and into a sign. As soon as Sebastian (who was pedaling on his bike) saw this, he jumped off his bike and hit the ground running. He ran so fast he got in front of his brother's bike in time to stop him with his foot and avoid the crash. When I asked him about it later, he just shrugged and said, 'Well, Mom, that's what big brothers are for.'

credits

No comments: