Pages

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

She's 2

Okay, so Meagan's birthday party...We had a great day! It started out looking like it was going to rain, but the sky cleared up, and we had sun and a warm breeze all day. We made an easy lunch - Lucas did all the work cooking on the grill! And Meagan had a blast playing outside and visiting with grandparents & Shane & Tina (and her brothers, of course). And she got all kinds of goodies - some CUTE clothes, some books, big girl undies (!!) a tricycle, a pink t-ball bat & ball and a glove to match (from her brothers), and a camo hat that she ADORES. From us she got a Thomas flashlight that makes noises when it lights up, and a Furr-real kitty, which she (maybe with Isaac's help) named 'Meow.'

The boys picked out her present all by themselves (well, they told me specifically what they wanted me to get for her from them, at least). Isaac came up with his idea first. "I want to get Meagan a pink t-ball and a pink glove." This started Sebastian's wheels turning, and it wasn't long before he said, "And I want to get her a pink bat, so she has her own and will stop beating mine up." Ulterior motives, but she liked it, so no harm no foul!



All in all, she had a great birthday celebration. It's hard for me to believe that she is 2! But I think I will go through that every year - I just can't believe how quickly time passes. One day I'll blink, and she will be grown. I guess I'll have to be sure to enjoy every moment between now and then.

No comments: