Pages

Sunday, May 13, 2007

Magic

I am still plugging away at Grandma's album. Of all of the pictures of their life spent together, I am partial to this one of Grandma & Grandpa by the ocean. I first saw it shortly after Grandpa had passed away, and it brought tears to my eyes. Their expressions and body language speak volumes. I knew right away this picture had to have a page to itself. But I've almost been hesitant to scrap it because I was afraid I wouldn't do it justice. Finally last night I built up the courage to attempt it. I figured, at least I'm doing digital, so if I mess up, I can just start over. But I'm happy with how it turned out. I think the page does not overpower the picture, which is just as it should be. It's been such a blessing to me to be able to go through these pictures one by one and become familiar with parts of their lives that I would never have otherwise known. This, though, has been my favorite. Hope you like it.



Journaling: There should always be a certain awe as we stand at the edge of the ocean. Bud & Theona Dec. 1977.

Credits: Sweet Genevieve - Butterfly Boheme, Puddles Alpha; font - violation


No comments: