- took the lid off of the litter box
- unwound the roll of litter box liners & strung them across the basement (and through the dirty litter box)
- used the poop scooper to scoop some litter into the water dish
- filled the remaining clean water with cat food
- threw some cat food into the litter box, just for good measure
- and just basically sprinkled the basement floor with litter and water, creating a clumpy clay litter MESS!
So, we've moved the water to a different floor of the house from the food & litter. I've also turned the litter box so that the opening faces the side (the thought being it will be more difficult for her to get into, so she'll leave it alone - hmmm...wonder how well that's gonna work?). We'll see what tomorrow brings. For tonight, all I can say is I'm glad it's bedtime.