Pages

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

It's all about her

I'll be the first to admit, I've kinda lost my touch lately - well, actually I've just lost track of time. It doesn't seem like it's been 3 days since my last post, but I realize it has. So I thought I'd sit down and get this done before yet another day gets away from me.

The first thing - I DO NOT want to forget this, so I better do this first. This was one of those moments in parenting that makes the tough parts worth it. Meagan had just gotten up from nap, and we were up in her room. I asked her if she was a happy girl, and she said, 'Yeah, happy!' And what did she do? She got up and started dancing with her happy feet. She had ALL the moves! I can't even describe them really, but she was doing all the shuffles and taps and hops and everything that Mumbles does on Happy Feet. It was PRECIOUS! I wish I had my camcorder, but I didn't - so I just took it all in - all three of four minutes of her cute little dance. I hope I never forget how cute she was, and the sweet look on her little face. She was having such a good time, and she was so proud of herself!

Well, I guess we'll just keep this all about Meagan for now. I have a few sets of pics to share with you. I'm noticing a trend with her - which is nothing new - that she seems to prefer 'boy' stuff over 'girl' stuff. And it has now carried over into her clothes! LOL! The other day (Saturday, I think), she comes running in the room carrying a pair of Isaac's Diego grundies, waving them over her head like some big great thing. Yup, she wanted to wear those Diego underwear. So, I put them on her over her diaper. She was mad that I made her wear a diaper under them - I guess that ruins some of the coolness effect or something. But I was not about to be cleaning up messes all day because she wasn't in the mood to 'de-cool-ify' Diego!

And while we were on spring break the other week, Grandma got Meagan some Thomas PJ's. Well, finally last night I gave in and let her wear them. I had been holding off because it has been so cold at night, but she just didn't want to wait anymore. So I put a long-sleeved shirt under them, and let her wear them. She was still googling over her choo choo pj's this morning at breakfast!

And finally, I know a few of you have been waiting patiently to see our new couches (while others of you could care less!). So I have finally put some pictures together for you to see. We took the blue couch and chair to Goodwill late last week. So now our living room is back to normal (except for the crib & changing table that are sitting there waiting to be picked up)!



So now I'm off to start the day. I don't feel like I've been accomplishing much in the past few days. I have been doing stuff, but I feel like I'm not seeing any results! So maybe today will be a different story (keeping my fingers crossed)!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

looks good and sleeps good too.....unless someone takes all the covers